Friday 11 March 2011

Conventions of my album art.

This is the analysis for my album artwork in terms of conventions seen in album covers in general and of our genre. My album cover looks like this.
.

Much like most album covers seen today, I have included the band name and the album title clearly displayed on the front. The only factor that varies throughout album artworks is that some have the alubm title bigger than the band name, and others have the sizes the other way around. Also i have bent the text around the curves on the page which i think is quite unique and quite unconventional.


My artwork is similar to to that of Arctic Monkeys "Favourite Worst Nightmare"...



They have included the Artist name and album name with the artists name bigger. They have also warped the text which is what i have done. Not only this but the text itself is quite unusual. Also i have used the effect of having a very dark background with a burst of colour for the audience to be drawn to. I have chosen to compare my artowork to this one because Acrtic Monkeys are in the same music genre as my band.

No comments: