Wednesday 24 November 2010

Lip Sync evaluation

The editing Program

At first it wasn't easy going from what i was used to (iMovie) because of the different layout, but after about 20 minutes or so i got to grips with where everything was and how to use the basics. I was quite shocked a how easy it was to cut up a video and place it, however i wasn't too impressed with the quality of the effects. although his maybe due to m y lack of experience with the software and i hope to create more professional effects in my real project. For example i tried to create a very quick time lapse in one of the scenes, eventually i had to make shift one which took a lot of time and it didn't even look all that professional and i hope there is an easier way to do this sort of effect.

What did i learn?


From completing this task i have learnt that, it is always better to film a lot more than you need because you my find that if you only film what you think you need then you may actually end up with not enough footage. Also, anything you do film, you need to do a few takes so you can take the best one. Also i think that if you want to make professional looking effects, it's not as simple as selecting a clip and then applying the effect, it has to thoroughly be edited.

What will i do now?

From the experience I have gained from this task I will do many things when planning and producing my final project. But most importantly I will make A LOT of time for editing as this is a hugely time consuming process if it is to be done properly. I also intend to look up how to put effects in effectively through tutorials on the internet in preparation. I will also know to take more than one take of each piece of action to get the best results, and in addition to that, take more footage than I think I need, such as filming from a whole other angle or film completely random shots because they could actually be very useful even if it doesn't seem that way when filming because I've seen that in the music videos I am using for inspirations, they use countless angles and shot types, so the more the merrier.

No comments: